Friday, November 16, 2007

First class mail

So its a normal Friday lunch hour and all is well. I leave the office to go let my puppy out and get home about 12:05. The weather has improved and it is a fabulous fall day. I check the mail before I go upstairs. I place the small key in the key hole and open the cover of the mailbox. Magazine City. 4 magazines of various sizes take up the whole box. I set my to-be-washed coffee cup down and grab the magazines.

I am hoping I maybe received something from Wheel of Fortune but don't see anything. On top of the magazines is a card addressed to London Schnoebelen....as I am processing this I peek back down into the mailbox because maybe just maybe there will be another piece of mail. The. Piece. Of. Mail. So I peer back into the box and what is that? Wait. There is a piece of mail wedged in the back. Could it be? Sure enough. Bright as day. I grab it and what does it say on the front....Wheel of Fortune.

I grab the envelope with both hands and check for contents. It is a standard envelope containing two or three pages. I'm guessing a "You were great at the Auditions but....." letter and some other jive about keep watching and sign up for the club.

I open the envelope in anticipation........and what does the first line read??????


Congratulations! You have been selected as a contestant for
WHEEL OF FORTUNE.

Sure enough. I made it. After all of this fun I'm going to be on Wheel of Fortune. Exciting stuff.

So the rest of the letter goes on like this....

You have 18 months to make an appearance on our program. As soon as we have a tape date for you, we will contact you with the details. Please do not call the Wheel of Fortune productions office regarding a tape date. However, if you move or change phone number, please contact us.

Please be aware that your selection does not guarantee an appearance on the show.

Enclosed is a tip sheet which you should keep until your appearance on the show.

We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Best Regards,

WHEEL OF FORTUNE CONTESTANT DEPARTMENT

So I'll keep everyone posted on all the specifics but this is just great. The show tapes in LA!

Cheers,

Luke




No comments: